viernes, 24 de marzo de 2017

Paul McCartney working on new LP with Greg Kurstin

www.list.co.uk
Paul McCartney working on new LP with Greg Kurstin
Sir Paul McCartney has confirmed he's working on his next record with legendary producer Greg Kurstin
Source: Bang Showbiz
Date: 24 March 2017

Macca performing at Desert Trip
Paul McCartney

Sir Paul McCartney is working with Adele's producer Greg Kurstin on his new album.

The 74-year-old Beatles legend is currently halfway through his first record since 2013's 'New' and while he is thrilled to be working with Kurstin - who worked on Adele's '25' and Beck's 'Morning Phase' - he's worried that will people will think he's chosen Greg because he is the "flavour of the month".

Speaking BBC 6 Music, he revealed: "I'm making a new album which is great fun. I'm in the middle of that. I'm working with a producer I first worked with two years ago on a piece of music I'm doing for an animated film. Since then, he went on to work with Beck and got Best Album of the Year with Beck. Then he went on to work with Adele and has just got Song of the Year, Record of the Year, with Adele, of course and just got Producer of the Year. So my only worry is, people are going to go, 'Oh there's Paul going with the flavour of the month'. But he's a great guy called Greg Kurstin and he's very musical and he's great to work with. So I'm in the middle of that and then shortly, in a couple of weeks, I go off to Japan to do some concerts there in Tokyo which should be great fun. So yeah, I'm at it. Beavering away doing what I love to do. As Ringo says,'It's what we do.'"

Though the 'Let It Be' hitmaker didn't divulge whether there are any collaborations on the new album, McCartney said that despite duetting with Kanye West, Rihanna, Michael Jackson and many more, none of them will be better than his late bandmate John Lennon.

He said: "My thing with collaboration, I know I can never have a better collaborator than John. That is just a fact. It's inescapable. So I don't try and escape it. I just know there's no way I can find someone now who's going to write better stuff with me than I wrote with John. But having said that, I'm interested in working with other people because they bring their own particular thing to it and, it's interesting. It's educational for me to see how they want to work."











www.bbc.co.uk
Sir Paul McCartney talks to 6 Music about collaborations, Chuck Berry, his new album and his own musical legacy.

McCartney’s final album of the ‘80s ‘Flowers In The Dirt’ is regarded as one of his best of the decade. He teamed up with new musicians, new producers, a new song-writing partner in the form of Elvis Costello, it inspired his first world tour in ten years. Now, as the record is re-released (complete with previously unheard demos) he’s spoken to BBC 6 Music’s Matt Everitt about the record, the similarities between writing with Costello and John Lennon, and his experiences collaboration with Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Kayne West.

He also discusses, for the first time, his own new album, the impact of Chuck Berry and his own feelings about how his work will down in history.

Release date: 23 March 2017
Duration:
22 minutes






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario